Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cooking - The long lost profession?

So I'll be the first to admit that since I have started playing the economy on my server I kind of forgot about cooking. No, it isn't a lost profession but I think a lot of people have forgotten about it.

Why do I say this? A lot of people don't really use stat food anymore individually on my server and typically we have people dropping fish feasts left and right. When fish feasts first became non bop they weren't really all that hot of a seller on my server and I couldn't even sell them for 10g each even if I announced it in trade. They just would not sell.

Fast forward 8-10 months and I remember about fish feasts and decide to check the market and they are at 10-15g each with numerous sellers which leads me to believe people are buying them.

If you've forgotten about cooking; take a second look! You could be missing out on an entire market you thought was dead.

1 comment:

  1. There are also some classes that do not get optimal buff from Fish Feasts, deathknights being the prime example and there are foods that they use instead, Dragonfin Fillets. These sell for 5g each on my server and rather than fish them up can usually be bought for as little as 2g each from the AH. So for adding a 50s spice you can double your money!

    ReplyDelete