Monday, November 2, 2009

Rituals of the New Moon

So I went out and farmed up this technique to try it out on the market. I scanned for about a week daily and they were nowhere to be found. Nobody was making them and I think even less know about it. One of the main reasons being that it doesn't have the tags on it.

The item is farmed up in grizzly hills from the Silverbrook humanoids. It took me about 5 minutes to get as I just ran around in my tank gear and gathered 15 of em up and aoe'd em down. First pull and it dropped so I'm guessing its relatively easy to get.

The book takes 5 Ink of the sea, 3 eternal shadow, 10 resilient parchment. Breaking down the mats it costs:

5 ink = 10g (1 stack of low end northrend herbs)
3 eternal shadow = 9g (3g average for me)
10 resilient parchment = 5g (50s from vendor)

This book costs 24g to make and I've played around with the prices and the highest they sell for every time is 70g. For some odd reason if I bump it up to 75g it doesn't sell but whatever. Find your servers price where it consistantly sells at and post 1 at a time.

I post them as they sell and usually will sell one a day. I could probably sell more but by selling 1 at a time and being the only person who's making these it makes it look like its just a random drop and keeps from setting off the potential competitor alarm.

So check out your AH and keep an eye out. You may just have a new market with zero competition. :)

11 comments:

  1. oups. Meant to post this as a delayed post for tomorrow but oh well. Enjoy the double post today :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just farmed this and it only took a few minutes with AOE. I am alliance though, so the silverbrook mobs are green. You can do a quest to turn them red but luckily if you're alliance there's a group of red mobs that drop these. They're called Siverbrook Hunter and they're located by the tower southeast of Amberpine Lodge.
    This recipe is a reference to Twilight btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. update: just sold my first one for 124g.
    All I did was say Twilight fans should buy: [Itemlink] in trade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Selling mine for 200g with 1 other competitor o.O

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made 6 already sold 4 so i'm going to make 10 more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have sold one every couple of days for 250g! But only about 5 total so far. There is not a huge market at that price, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After hitthecap made her post about these, I have sold 1-2 per day for a week straight. 30g mat costs on my server and I'm selling them for 275g each.

    Vanity items are amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. True, I read the post at Hit the Cap too and I sell 1 or 2 every time I post them, but you have to advertise them with a funny text in trade chat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sell mine for 85G and post 1 of each colour I have at a time. I shout an ad in the trade chanel every now and again and usually sell at least one after every shout. My best day was last Wednesday when I sold 20 in one day. I play on an RP server so I don't know if that makes these more likely to sell.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The new moon is the birthing cycle of the moon's various phases. The new moon phase is an optimal time for planning and seeding your intentions. Seedlings need a period of gestation before they break through the soil and reach for the sunlight. This is also true for our ideas and our desires.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am making 100 of them atm :P

    ReplyDelete